• A Healthy Diet is Not Enough
• Acai Berry and Health Enhancement
• Basil Nutritional Advantages
• Benefits of Black Pepper
• Bilberry Health Benefits
• Black Cohosh Womens Health Food
• Blueberries for Exceptional Health
• Calcium and Healthy Eating
• Cinnamon a Healthy Taste Addition
• Cranberries the Healthy Choice
• Dietary Fiber Its Important
• Dong Quai Root for Womens Health
• Garlic a Wonder Food
• Gingko Biloba
• Goji Juice and AntiAgeing
• Green Tea is Great for Your Health
• Health Benefits of Ginger
• Health Benefits of the Wolfberry
• Health Food Supplements
• Healthy Eating Ideas
• Improve Asthma With the Right Foods
• Beans the Perfect Healthy Food
• Beans the Perfect Healthy Food
• Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Your Health, Your Diet, and the Benefits of Detoxing
One of the most important things anyone can do to improve overall health and fitness is detoxing the body. This detoxiing should ideally take place a couple of times a year, and many people prefer to do it at the spring and fall of every year.
No matter when you do your detoxing, however, it is important to do it the right way. Diet, exercise and avoiding stress are all essential elements of maintaining good health and optimal fitness, and it is important to take these elements into account as you create your detoxification plan.
Detoxing is particularly important in the modern world, since environmental pollutants, toxins and other elements can quickly build up to toxic levels and cause ill health and a variety of mental and physical consequences. These serious consequences include such things as weakened immune system to fatigue to feeling of depression.
Fortunately the diet needed for proper detoxing is simple and easy to follow, and it can be repeated as often as needed in order to ensure optimal health benefits.
Healthy eating and detoxing - what foods should you include when on the detoxification diet? Well, the good news is that any combination of the foods listed below can be used, provided that the combination provides a nutritional and balanced daily diet.
* Fruit - it is important to eat plenty of fresh fruit when detoxing, and any type of fruit can be used, including apples, oranges and more exotic fruits. Fruit juices are fine as well, provided that they are made with 100% real fruit and contain no artificial preservatives or added sugar.
* Vegetables - as with fruit, it is important to eat plenty of vegetables while detoxing Some of the most popular vegetables for detoxing the body include onions, carrots, turnips, cabbage, bean sprouts, peppers, mushrooms, corn, leeks, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
* Beans and lentils - any kind of beans are great for detoxing the body, including dried beans and beans canned in water. Beans canned in oil should be avoided. Some of the most popular beans for detoxing include kidney beans, lima beans, pinto beans, black eyed peas and lentils.
* Tofu and quorn - These two popular meat substitutes are excellent choices for detoxing.
* Oats - oats are great for sprinkling over fresh fruit or for use in a porridge. Oats can be sweetened and enhanced with honey or fresh fruit.
* Fresh fish - fish can be a major part of the diet while detoxing. Some of the healthiest varieties of fish include cod, salmon, mackerel, monkfish and trout.
* Live yogurt - Live yogurt is a great choice for detoxing, as it contains valuable nutrients and beneficial bacteria which help to sooth the digestive tract during the detox process.
Just as there are foods that should be included in the detox diet, there are foods that must be avoided when detoxing. Most of these are pretty obvious, and it's really important to avoid these foods:
* Processed meat products, such as sausages and pate
* Red meat, chicken, turkey and other poultry
* Milk, cream, cheese and other dairy products
* Eggs, butter and margarine
* Potato chips and similar processed snacks
* Salted nuts
* Chocolate and sweets
* Sugar, particularly refined sugar
* Jams and jellies
* Alcohol, tea, coffee and soft drinks
* Store bought salad dressings
Following this plan for detoxing several times a year is a great way to keep your overall health at its best, and to avoid the problems associated with pollution and stress. This plan for detoxing is simple, easy to follow, and can be used whenever you feel you need a lift.
For great tasting, healthy recipes, for every day use, as well as when detoxifying, . click here.
For more healthy eating articles, click here.